Living Out of the Pantry Challenge- Shopping and Meal Planning


Post Two:
Today I went to Aldi to get the best deals on foods we need this week to fill in with my stockpile to create meals.  I found some great deals on fruit, including $.99 blueberries and strawberries.  Ok, I spent $27...so close to my $25 goal, so that means next week I only have $23 to work with!  

Here are a few of the frugal meals I have planned:
  • Breakfast Night- Eggs, Bacon, Toast, and Fruit
  • Homemade Pizza
  • BBQ Beef Sandwiches, Asparagus, Watermelon
  • Fajitas
  • Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup 
  • Hawaiian Chicken, Baked Potatoes, and Spinach Salad
For breakfast, we are stocked on cereal and oatmeal.  For lunch, the boys eat lots of mac-n-cheese, fruit, hot dots, chicken, and sandwiches.  For snacks, the boys will be having yogurt, fruit, raisins, and fruit snacks.   I personally am on a strict diet and will be living on grilled chicken, salad, fruit and vegetables for lunch.  My hubby takes frozen leftovers and sandwiches for lunch to work.  In my stockpile, I am using the following foods in my dinner meals:  frozen bacon, frozen bread, pepperoni packages, BBQ shredded beef tubs, shredded cheese, American cheese, frozen chicken, and Hawaiian seasoning packets.


How about you?  Anyone else living out of the pantry this week?  What's on the menu at your house?

Post One:HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment