I know this may be a no-brainer to some, but I recently had an "ah ha" moment that may help some of you. I work hard to clip coupons and bargain hunt, as I know many of you do too! I started really thinking about the things we use around our house on a daily basis and noticed we were carelessly using products that could last twice as long if we used only what we needed. Here's what I mean:
- Although I have a ton of toothbrushes in my stockpile, I realized I was switching them out too often,along with many other toiletries in my stockpile simply because I had them on hand.
- I was using two baby wipes at a time. I don't know why, maybe just out of habit, but using one a time makes them last twice as long.
- As opposed to a handful of shampoo and conditioner, now I use more of a quarter size amount.
- Here's one of my favorites... I cut foods in half, such as the amount of salad dressing I use, to not only make it last twice as long, but it also cuts my calories in half.
- I started actually looking at the fill line on the laundry detergent cap instead of overflowing it and then adding a little extra to get the clothes super clean. There's a set amount for a reason!
- I was using handful of paper towels when I really only needed one or two...better yet, started using hand towels a lot more.
- I realized I only need a pump or two of hand soap to clean my hands, as opposed to three or four!
How about you? Are there things around the house that you could cut back on?