Couponing For Community is the great idea of Kaley at www.chachingonashoestring.com where several coupon savvy bloggers are coming together to donate portions of our stockpile
to our local food banks and shelters. If you coupon shop, then you know how fast a stockpile can build for you. I encourage you to join in with us and the National Letter Carriers annual Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive.
There are several ways for you to support this effort...even if you don't have a large stockpile, you can still donate on Saturday May 8th by putting a bag of non-perishable items out by your mailbox for your mail carrier.
What Else Can You Do To Help?
- First, head on over to the Facebook page and indicate that you plan on taking part by clicking on ‘Attending’.
- Decide where you want to donate. You can leave non-perishable food items in a bag on Saturday May 8 for the food carriers drive, or you can pick one of your favorite charities. It doesn't matter where you give, as long as you give.
- Tell all your friends about this effort! Together we can all make a positive impact on hunger across the nation as well as in your local community!
- Make a post here and tell me how you are giving this week. I plan to come back and post some photo's of my donations to inspire you.
- If you are new to coupon shopping, this is a great week to start. Get some good deals, get some extra, and then donate it, you will feel good about it once you do it!
- Check out the Deals for this week once I post them and then go shopping with a cause!
- Over 49 Million Americans, including 16.7 million children, are at risk of hunger
- As the economy has worsened the nations food banks experienced a 30 % increase in demand.
- Research shows that preschool and school-aged children who experience severe hunger have higher levels of chronic illness, anxiety and depression, and behavior problems than children.
- The top six states with the highest rate of food insecure children under 5 are Louisiana, North Carolina, Ohio, Kentucky, Texas, and New Mexico.
Lets all band together and help END HUNGER!