I Heart Getting Organzied!!!

I am so excited to show you all my new coupon organizing method!  I LOVE to get organized and as soon as I start feeling unorganized and behind, I find I don't use coupons as effectively as I should.  My goal is save my family money and in order to do this, I had to get more organized.  I was getting frustrated with getting home and not using coupons I should have or just not ever being able to find anything.  Although I was organized before, check out my older way HERE, my new method of keeping everything in it's place rocks!  I showed several family members and they think I'm crazy, but I knew my fellow couponers would understand!

First, I bought a new binder!  It zips so my coupons don't fall out everywhere and had handy pockets to hold other things, like scissors and my calculator.  It was only $9.99 at Target.  Check out the slots in the front for current ads, my shopping list, and coupons I need to file.



Next I color coded my tabs with  my labels alphabetically!

Then I switched to the baseball card sleeve method, folding coupons, but am able to see them all.  They are in alphabetical order (roughly) behind each section.  When I first started couponing I saw others using this method and didn't understand why go through all the trouble, after couponing for about a year, I totally get it!  It's so much more effective!

Behind each corresponding tab, I added my Price Check (read info on that HERE) and my quick reference cheat sheet, which I'll be sharing with you all soon!


Here's one of my favorite new things...color coded shopping list!!  I pull this out and write out my list, putting a C next to things with a coupon.


Also, I am keeping a calendar and placing coupons that expire on their corresponding dates.  I just started this and am only doing if for the really important/high dollar coupons, including my Walgreens Register Rewards.


Last, I made a sorting mat!  When I am clipping coupons from inserts, I lay them out on here to help with sorting into the different categories, which I keep folded up in the back of my binder.  I used an old pillow case for this!


From my old method, I still keep all the left overs coupon inserts in dated  file folders and keep all my restaurant, shopping, entertainment, store coupons in the little organizer below.


I am feeling so good now to have everything in it's spot!  By the way... I used the idea HERE to create my binder.  I say, use what ever method works for you, go for it!

What do you think?  How do you organize your coupons?



Hello Thrifty Tip Visitors!  Click HERE to get back to I Am a Money Magnet for more thrifty tip ideas!

7 comments:

  1. Love it! My system is so similar, except I like the color-coded sections. Mine are pretty general, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't get more specific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the same Binder! I got mine for Christmas from Target as well for $9.99. Mine is Purple and black. I love that it zips! The one before I was using was just a regular Hard binder, but I was a newbie! The only problem I have with this system is I need a Handle and the side of my zipper is starting to bust or rip, guess I have too many coupons! (if there is such a thing!) So I will be switching to one similar but with a handle as soon as I find one for a reasonable price! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instead of using baseball card sheets, use 4x6 photo pages (I got mine at Wal-Mart) and you can see the coupons more easily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on my second zippered binder with baseball inserts. Mine is nowhere near as organized as yours, but I know where all my coupons are and they're easy for me to find. This is by far the easiest method for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said they're in there roughly alphabetically. Does that mean every time you clip new coupons, you have to scoot all the coupons back a slot? That seems inconvenient. But maybe not???

    ReplyDelete
  6. No I don't move them around at all, I just insert blank pages if I need to. It is a VERY rough order, mainly just happy to get them organized behind the right tab! I have found if I put like a-m in the first half and n-z in the second half of pages, coupons are just a little easier to find!

    ReplyDelete