Organizing Coupons

I have found that to be effective with coupons, the key is to keep them organized! Definitely do what works for you! I have combined a few methods and have found one that works best for me that I'd like to share.

First, I keep my newspaper inserts in hanging files organized by dates with quick post its. So when I find that I need a coupon in SS 8/23, I just pull out the Smart Source stack in the 8/23 file, only clipping what I use, not everything. This saves a lot of time!

Then I file any peelies, coupons I print, and cut out coupons in a binder by product. Some of my tabs are diary, frozen, pantry, toiletries, detergents,...Last, I carry this small organizer around with me in my purse. (Yes, I have a big purse!) It is organized by restaurant, entertainment, and then by stores for planned shopping trips like Dillon's, Wags, CVS, Target,... the last tab is any freebies/high dollar coupons that I can pick up anywhere I shop.


So, what do you think? How do you keep your coupons organized?


3 comments:

  1. I am still trying to figure out the best way to organize my coupons. I'm fresh to this idea (just about a month in) and I'm using one of those basic coupon organizers but it already getting overrun and overstuffed. Yikes! I can't decide which way I want to go with my organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's hard to keep organized once you get it all set up! I am even thinking about switching things up and doing the baseball card/alphabetical organization method. I just bought a new binder that zips and has pockets for my calculator and pens...very exciting! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I switched over to the binder method a few weeks ago. Wow, what a difference. Now, if I'm in the store and Hubby says, "Hey, do we have a coupon for this?" I can open it up and see right there. Saved us a bunch today. Also easier when trying to match coupons to sales.

    ReplyDelete