I just wanted to pass on some information from Shannon at The Grocery Weekly on an updated and current Dillons Coupon Policy strait from Headquarters. I will be adding this to my Dillons 101 section for easy reference!
- The value of the coupon or coupons cannot exceed the price of the product that they are redeemed for. We do not give cash back on coupons.
- All coupons should be scanned. Manually keying a coupon is always the last resort.
- Vendor coupons must be limited to one per item.
- We double all manufacturers’ coupons everyday up to 50¢, regardless of what is printed on the coupon by the manufacturer.
- The customer may redeem together, one vendor and one store coupon on a single item.
- When purchasing items that are Buy One, Get One Free (50% off) customers may redeem one vendor coupon on each of the items.
- The customer must purchase the correct number of items as specified on the coupon. For example, if a vendor coupon is labeled as 50¢ off of two, the customer must purchase two of that product for the coupon to be redeemed. They would not be eligible to use another vendor coupon on either of those products. Items purchased on BOGO (50% off) do satisfy this requirement.
- All coupons must be presented to the cashier during the order. We do not refund coupons once the customer has left the store. Only exception being, the customer has forgotten to hand coupons to the cashier, or cashier forgot to deduct coupons from the order. When this occurs, bring the Customer to Customer Service. Customer Service must scan the Plus Card (so they will double), and scan each of the coupons. The coupons will be totaled and cash given to the customer.
- Loyal Customer Mailing coupons should be handled the same as any regular coupons.
- In the event that a customer presents an LCM coupon that states “Save $x on an order totaling x dollars”, but does not purchase the minimum amount stated on the coupon, please accept the coupon by doing a manager override.
- We do not accept photocopied coupons.
HOW CAN YOU TELL A VENDOR FROM A STORE
All vendor coupons will start with a leading 5 (ex. 5 10000 00035 1). Anything else is considered a store coupon.
Free Item Coupons
- No other coupons, vendor or store, may be used with a free item coupon.
- The checker must legibly write the value of the item on the face of the coupon.
- If the value of the item exceeds the maximum limit of the coupon, the checker must still write the max value on the face of the coupon.
- Free item coupons may be redeemed for items on BOGO (50% off). The value of the coupon will be the full price of the item. This will require a manager override at the register.
- Catalina checkout coupons are designed specifically for the individual customer, based on the item or items they have purchased.
- Catalina coupons are intended for future purchases, and should not be used in the order they are generated.
- At the end of the order, Catalina coupons must be presented to the customer with their receipt.
- These may be accepted as long as the coupon will scan. Because of a security feature built into the coupon, those that do not scan should not be accepted.
- Internet coupons can be verified by going to www.printcoupons.com. This website verifies, the offer, expiration date, and print date.