Price Comparison: Laundry Detergent


I have found comparing prices by unit is the absolute best way to find the very best deal and will be sharing many of my findings on my blog, eventually creating an extensive list of products!  Why do all this work?  I know if something really is "on sale" and to save my family money!


Laundry detergent cleans your clothes, no matter what the brand is!  I promise!  I've tried many of them!  Save money and let go of certain brands.  My boys have sensitive skin, so I have to wash their clothes in All Free and Clear (recommended by pediatrician), but I only wash their clothes in All detergent and I wash everything else in whatever I can find a good deal on!
 
Here are a few of my price comparisons:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Free and Clear
Wal-Mart- $12 / 96 loads =$0.125 per load
               $9.47 / 64 loads = 0.147 per load
               $4.97 / 32  loads = 0.155 per load
Sam's Club $13.96 / 110 =$0.126 per load
Walgreens- $13.99 / 96 loads =$0.145 per load
                 $7.29 / 32  loads = 0.227 per load
CVS-$7.49 / 32  loads = 0.234 per load
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purex 
Wal-Mart- $9 / 96 loads =$0.093 per load
               $3.92 / 32  loads = 0.122 per load
Sam's Club- $15.47 / 200 loads = .077 per load
Walgreens- $8.99 / 46 loads =$0.195 per load
          
Dillons -$3.64 / 32  loads = 0.113 per load
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Tide
Sam's Club $19.98 / 110 loads = 0.181 per load
(not enough info to compare...costs too much!) 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


*  Remember Sam's does not take coupons, so you have to factor that in when comparing IF you have a coupon!
*Watch the sales!  I recently stocked up my All detergent when it went on sale at Dillons for $2.99 / 40 loads = $0.074 per load.
Conclusion:  
Best deals are highlighted in yellow.  
$0.125 per load is best deal! (w/o coupon)

Even Cheaper Detergent:
Xtra Laundry Detergent

Wal-Mart-96 loads-$5.96= $.06 per load

3 comments:

  1. it's hard to read the light blue type on your blog. Also, did you know that Dillon's in Springfield stopped stacking ecoupns and manuf. coupons at the beginning of April? HUGE bummer:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did hear that! Such a bummer! :( Not sure how to change my light blue color as I had a blog designer go in and create my design....wish I could change it! One day I may hire another....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found this doing a search, could you tell me what laundry detergent you prefer? Looking to save money these days but would like a detergent that smells good and does the job right!

    Thanks so much, and I love the design of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete